Each year, we are also proud to honour extraordinary individuals and organizations;
many with roots in the Caribbean and Canada and whose works and achievements have
impacted their own communities and those of the world stage.
The distinguished 2017 honourees include:
- Senator Murray Sinclair (Chief Commissioner of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission
and First Aboriginal Judge) – G. Raymond Chang Award
- GraceKennedy Group of Companies (Global Business) - Chancellor’s Award
- Dr. Ren Holness (Neurosurgeon) - Vice Chancellor’s Award
- Ms. Kay McConney (Businesswoman and retired Diplomat) – Vice Chancellor’s Award
- Mr. Wayne Purboo (Entrepreneur and Philanthropist) – Vice Chancellor’s Award
- Justice Michael Tulloch (Ontario Court of Appeal Judge) – Vice Chancellor’s Award
- Dr. Vivian Rambihar (Cardiologist and Community Activist) – Vice Chancellor’s Award
We are pleased also to welcome back Mr. Dwight Drummond, co-host CBC News Toronto,
who will host the Gala as Master of Ceremonies.
Once again, under the theme “LIGHT LEARNING AND LIBERTY”, we invite you to join us
in 2017, to pay tribute to the achievements of our distinguished honorees, celebrate
the very best of the Caribbean and Canada whilst changing the fortunes of amazing
students and hence their communities.
Donette Chin-Loy Chang